Christopher Obee Ellison
- Born 16 July 1833
- Died September 1904
Christopher Obee Ellison was born in Hull in 1833 and He was articled to W.H. & J.M. Hay in that city. He commenced practice on his own account in Liverpool in about 1855. He was the first President of the Society of Architects in 1884. His son William Stanley Ellison joined him about 1886, the partnership being dissolved in 1901. Christopher Obie Ellison designed mainly for the Wesleyans and trained Robert Curwen and J. Jameson Green who also had extensive Wesleyan practices. He was a colonel in the Volunteers.
Christopher Obee Ellison died in September 1904 at Toxteth Park, Liverpool.
1857-1859: C. O. Ellison, Architect and Surveyor, 33, Bold-Street, Liverpool.
1863: C O Ellison, 30 Clayton Square, Liverpool
1878: C O Ellison FRIBA Imperial Chambers, Dale Street, Liverpool
1880: C O Ellison FRIBA, Liverpool and London
1901: C O Ellison FRIBA, Sir Thomas Street Liverpool
Buildings and Designs
|Ellison C O and Son||Architectural practice||1884||1901||Liverpool|