Norfolk Road Wesleyan Chapel, Norfolk Road, Hove, Brighton, East Sussex
Nicknamed "The Methodist Cathedral of the South", the church was erected in 1868 in Early English/Decorated Gothic style. Built of flint and stone dressings it was a large church containing much stained glass and featured a turret-style tower at one corner. It closed in 1964 and was demolished the following year.
NORFOLK- ROAD, BRIGHTON - early Second Pointed in style; cruciform, consisting of a nave and chancel, shallow transepts, and a spire rising from the south porch to a height of 115 feet. The south transept serves as an organ-chamber, the north as a vestry. Below the chapel is the unwholesome arrangement of class and examination rooms. The chapel contains 1200 sittings; the architect was Mr. C. O. Ellison. of Liverpool. [British Almanac 1870 page 163]
Reference British Almanac of the Society for the Diffusion of Knowledge 1870 page 163