Andrews J H and Butterworth
The partnership of J.H. Andrews and Butterworth, of Manchester, was formed about 1895, the two original partners being John Harris Andrews (1846-1907) and Thomas Butterworth, LRIBA. (1856-1939). Following the death of J H Andrews in 1907 Thomas Butterworth continued the practice under the same name, later joined in practice by his son, Harold Butterworth, ARIBA, who took over the practice on his father’s death. Perhaps as a result of Andrews's employment as resident Surveyor and Manager of the construction of Manchester Town Hall from 1874 until its completion, the practice was responsible for several works for Manchester Corporation including the Bloom Street Electricity station (listed Grade II), and several schools including the Johnson Street School (demolished).