Mosley Hotel Piccadilly Manchester
The former Mosley Hotel was demolished in 1891. A new seven storey hotel, lit by electricity, was opened in September 1894. The hotel included eighty bedrooms including suites of family rooms, served by lift. Public rooms included a restaurant, coffee room (available for ladies and gentlemen), ladies drawing room, gentlemen's reading and writing room, smoking and billiard rooms and banqueting hall. A commercial room complete with twenty stock rooms was available for the use of commercial travellers. A Masonic Hall capable of seating 80-100 was connected with the hotel. The hotel was demolished in the 1920s to make way for a super-cinema.
Reference Manchester Faces & Places Volume 7 Page 60 (+ photograph)