Everard William Leeson
- Born : 22 September 1862
- Baptism : 7 December 1862 at Old St George Church, Stalybridge
- Married : April-June 1898 Amy Gertrude Carter at Lewisham
- Died : 25 February 1915
Everard William Leeson was born on 22 September 1862 at Stalybridge where his father, John Edmund Leeson, was incumbent at St George’s Church. He was educated at St Edmund's School Canterbury and later attended Oldham Art School. He was articled to W H Cooke of Oldham (1878-83); and worked as assistant to Charles Henry Heathcote of Manchester (1884-86); and to Wild, Collins & Wild of Oldham (1886-1888). In 1886 he was awarded RIBA Student Prizes Tite Prize Certificate of Honour. He commenced independent practice 1888 in Manchester. He was elected a Fellow of the Manchester Society of Architects in 1903, and Licentiate of the RIBA in 1910, proposed by P Ogden, J W Beaumont, J H Woodhouse.
Everard William Leeson died suddenly at his residence, Hope Road, Hilton Lane, Prestwich, aged 52 years, and was interred at Old St George’s Stalybridge on 1 March 1915. He was survived by his wife and two children.
Between 1892-1896 Charles Holden (qv), was a pupil in his office. Holden later moved to London and is best known for his work for London Transport.
1895-1911: Everard William Leeson, Queens Chambers 49 Princess Street
1903 Everard William Leeson FMSA, 49 Princess Street
1911 Everard William Leeson FMSA, 49 Princess Street
1881:142 Werneth Hall Road Oldham (census)
1901: Langley Road, St Margaret’s, Prestwich (census)
1903-1914: Hope Road, Hilton Lane, Prestwich
Who's who in architecture (1914)
Dictionary of British Architects
Obituary: RIBA Journal v22 12 June 1915 Page 404 -death notice only