Building Name

Restoration: Holy Trinity Church, Llansteffan Llanybri, Carmarthenshire

1889 - 1881
Llansteffan Llanybri
Carmarthenshire, Wales

The church of the Holy Trinity, built in 1852, and endowed by the late Miss Elizabeth Lloyd, of Laques, is an edifice of stone in a modern Gothic style, consisting of chancel, nave, north aisle and a western tower with tall spire, containing one bell; the church was thoroughly restored in 1891, at a cost of £510, and now affords 250 sittings. [Kelly's Directory of South Wales (1895)]

Constructed of purple sandstone with slate roofs, the church comprises much-buttressed nave and chancel, and gabled porch on the west gable (roof lines at right angles) adjoining a north-west tower. The tower turns octagonal at the bell stage but has lost the spirelet it once had. Fittings include a marble pulpit (1891), an octagonal font with marble panels and texts and a notable array of white marble tablets with texts in Welsh. [Coflein]

Reference    Kelly's Directory of South Wales (1895)
Reference    ICBS 09384
Reference    T.Lloyd, J.Orbach & R.Scourfield, Buildings of Wales: Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion (2006), page340.