Re-modelling: “Cattle Market Tavern” Cross Lane Salford
The Cattle Market Tavern was shown on the 1831 map of Salford. It was originally set back from the road with the front gardens used as a pull-in for horse-drawn traffic. In the 1880s the pub was acquired by the Bolton Street Brewery who leased it to Cardwell's of Hulme in 1895. Wilsons then Walkers & Homfrays took the pub, the latter of which rebuilt it in 1931 in line with the Cross Lane shops. They renamed it slightly to the Cattle Market Wine Tavern, as it was licensed only to sell beer and wine; it wasn't until 1960 that Wilsons obtained a spirits licence. In 1966 the pub was included in the Windsor Extension compulsory purchase area and was pulled down.
Reference Builder 10 July 1931 Page 85