Building Name

New Board Schools, with teacher’s residence, Harmondsworth, Middlesex.

1876 - 1877
Harmondsworth, London Borough of Hillingdon
GLC, England
New build
G. Gibson, of Southall,

HARMONSDSWORTH (MIDDLESEX). — New Board Schools, erected by Mr. G. Gibson, of Southall, from the designs of Mr E. H. Lingen-Barker, architect, have been opened by Viscount Enfield. They occupy a commanding site, given by the Earl of Strafford, on the high road from London to Bath, and comprise the following rooms: Infants’ school-room, 32 feet by 20 feet; boys’ and girls’ school-rooms and classrooms, 27 feet by 20 feet, and 14 feet 6 in. by 14 feet respectively. There is also a commodious teacher’s residence detached from the school buildings. The number of children provided for is 248 (or 328 calculating 8 superficial feet for each child); the contract cost of buildings, offices, and fences (exclusive of fittings) being exactly £4 15s. per head. [Builder 14 July 1877 page 722]

Reference    Builder 11 November 1876 page 1108 – tenders
Reference    Builder 14 July 1877 page 722 - opening