Extension to the Ivy Soap Works Ordsall Lane Salford.
The Ivy Soap Works was built for Salford businessman Charles Goodwin in 1874. Goodwin was renowned in the area and at the turn of the twentieth century he became the proud owner of the first ever motor car in the City of Salford.
Colgate Palmolive-Peet bought Goodwin's Soap Works in 1938. The factory traded until closure in 2005. The 1896 Bill of Quantities and Specification for the Ivy Soap Works extension were produced by architects Edward Salomons and Alfred Steinthal. It was found in the Oldham office of Glovers formerly Cameron Middleton and Lees established in 1924.
Reference gloverspsl.com/news January 2010, accessed 16 May 2015