Building Name

Drive Chapel St Anne's-on-the Sea

1890 - 1893
Clifton Drive South
St Annes-on-the-Sea
Lancashire, England
New Build

A Methodist school-chapel, church and reading room situated on the corner of Clifton Road South and Eastbank Road. The original Wesleyan school-chapel was built in 1877 to a design by Maxwell and Tuke of Bury. This chapel soon proved to be too small and it was replaced by the present church built between 1890-93 to a design by the architect Herbert Isitt of Bradford. In 1901 a reading room was attached to the east face of the original chapel, architect unknown and in 1907 the church, which originally provided accommodation for 500 worshippers, was enlarged at its western end to cater for 720.