Goodwin Simpson Packer
- Born : 6 November 1857
- Married : 1903 Elizabeth Broxup
- Died : 20 November 1931
Born on 6 November 1857 at Whitchurch, Shropshire, Goodwin Simpson Packer was the son of W. P. Goodwin Packer, formerly Borough Surveyor for Southport. He was articled to Garnside and Johnson, architects, of Southport, and was afterwards with Maxwell and Tuke, architects and surveyors, Bury; also Architectural Assistant in the Borough Engineer's Office at Bury. He commenced practice in Southport in 1883 and amongst the buildings erected from his designs are the St. Philip's Vicarage and Schools, Christ Church, and Marshside Road Schools, the Temperance Institute and Hall, and a number of shops, offices and houses, all in Southport; the Mission Church and Schools, St. Helens; St. Edward's Church and Vicarage, Barnsley, etc. He also prepared plans in competition for the new Liverpool Cathedral.
He was also churchwarden of St. Philip's Church, Southport; Hon. Treasurer to the Rural Deanery of North Meols; a Freemason, and Hon. Secretary of the Southport Temperance Lodge, No. 2815. He married, in 1903, Bessie, eldest daughter of James Greenwood Broxup, of Burnley and Southport.
Goodwin Simpson Packer died on 20 November 1931 at Southport. He was survived by his widow, Elizabeth.
1901 Shaftsbury Buildings, Southport
1881 : Henry Street Bury
1891 : Hampton Road Southport
1901-1931 : 4 Curzon Road, Southport